The performance custom combs give the harmonica a performance boost. Aerodynamic slots increases the speed of the airflow, causing easier bending and overblowing. Players describe a louder and crisper sound. The combs can be equipped with a unique internal brass-tube resonator system. The resonators connect the brass element of the top and bottom reed plates and enhance the vibrations and overtones. We do recommend that you flat sand the draw reed plate for best results.
About the material
Our combs are made from a solid surface building material that is manufactured in an environmentally responsible manner in Italy. It’s extremely durable, 100% water resistant, certified by Rainforest Alliance to the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®). Nearly as hard as rock, but still less brittle than stone, it has a stain resistant, heat -resistant, non-porous surface. Our combs are also certified food safe for direct food contact by the National Sanitary Foundation. In addition, with proper cleaning, our combs do not promote growth of bacteria, mold or mildew.
These colors are available
- Flat sanded in six different stages on a lapping plate
with tolerances down to 0.001mm
- Internal brass-tube resonators (option) + 50 Swedish Kronor
- Aerodynamic formed slots
- Polished surface that is smooth to the tongue
- Works with reeds that are fastened with screws
- Lasts a lifetime if you treat it well
- 100% waterproof, food grade certified material
- Available in Red & Black